#leadfromwithin Tweet Chat Revisited
Recently, Lolly Daskal honored me with an invitation to co-host her Tweet Chat, #leadfromwithin. If you’ve never participated in one before, I encourage you to try it out. You’ll meet great people and be able to cull out pearls.
I decided to give it a whirl and it didn’t disappoint. The leadfromwithin tweet chat was one wild and thrilling ride–what we used to refer to as an E-Ticket. We all shared and learned from one another about the Enneagram. While some folks had never heard of the Enneagram, others had depth of experience.
In case you missed the Tweet Chat, you can still benefit from my responses to the questions. Below, you can read the tweets (sentences or fragments of 140 characters or less) I shared from the series of questions we explored. These are just mine, but there were many participants all responding to the same questions that created a white water rapids cascade of tweets scrolling down my computer screen. It was an adventure! The engagement and positive response was overwhelmingly positive.
Enjoy and may you find value.
What is the Enneagram?
- Holistic and dynamic system. Horizontal and Vertical movement – nine-pointed symbol
- Describes nine worldviews and associated patterns of thinking, feeling & acting
- Archetypes seen throughout history and across cultures
- A constellation of defenses / coping strategies and the best of who we are
- Points to our fears, desires, beliefs and focus of attention-what drives our life story
How is the Enneagram useful?
- Self-awareness, self-management. Better understanding of self & others
- See yourself more clearly. Uncover blind spots. Loosen the grip of ur gremlins. Grow strengths
- Helps bring your centers of intelligence into balance
- Become less reactive and more responsive when you know your triggers
- Helps us see that we are often the source of our own suffering
What are the advantages of working with the Enneagram?
- Happier. Clarity. More balanced, centered. More available to self and others
- More agile. Larger range of behaviors available. Respond to context rather than react habitually
- Most holistic system I have come across
- Helps ID compulsions so you can catch yourself before acting on them
- It is liberating. Rather than being fixed and rigid, we become free
- Taking the Enneagram journey is akin to taking the Hero’s Journey
Can the Enneagram offer self-insight? If yes, how?
- Gives us a window into our subconscious
- Our subconscious drives our behavior and directs the course of our lives
- It’s a navigation system for your journey through your inner landscape
- It’s a journey to reclaim unknown or unacknowledged parts of self
- Points to our fears, desires, beliefs and where we focus our attention
Can you be more than one Enneagram Type?
- It’s like a diamond. Each Type represents a different facet and shares aspects with the whole
- You share aspects of the two Types alongside your Type—these are your wings
- You have access to aspects of your two connecting points-the lines that connect your Type with two others
- Theory: we are just one Type, but each Type shares aspects of several other Types
- The journey is to to develop all of the other Types within you
How does the Enneagram relate to InsideOut?
- Be the change you want to lead. Change starts with me first
- Helps us stop taking things personally. We become more objective
- When I shift, my relationships with others shift
- Greater ability to engender trust and inspire by how you show up
- You invest in yourself and no one can take those golden nuggets of wisdom and insight away from you
Can the Enneagram help you be a better coach, consultant, leader, manager? If yes, how?
- Gives you the possibility to transform the way you show up as a leader
- As a leader, you’ll increase your ability to influence others and to move an organization forward
- As a coach / consultant, you’ll become a much more effective instrument for change
- Fabulous tool for work with clients – teams and individuals
- Lead change: Great insight into the people you work with – motivations, strengths, and challenges. What makes them tick
Does the Enneagram give us insight to our teams, clients, customers? if yes, how?
- Understand key drivers of others. What makes them tick
- More insight and compassion for others
- Understand how to work more effectively with others
- Understand how to better support and motivate others
- Points to key levers of change for self and others
How does the Enneagram help us leadfromwithin?
- When we shift, we can shift the world
- Change starts with each of us
- What we enact in our outer world affects us and vice-versa
- Improved relationship with self = improved relationship with others
- Connect to your source of power, move from your center, lead with agility
Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself ~ Rumi
I invite you to add to these nuggets of information. Please join the conversation.
Newly included in my posts is artwork by David Templeton–an amazing artist and musician living in Deia, Mallorca. To learn more about David and his art, click here.